Y’all, this is SERIOUSLY one of my favorite dishes. It is so easy to make. It doubles easy, so it is fantastic for meal prep. And OMG is it goooooood. The whole family loves it. It is even toddler approved!!!
And, this one is 80Day Obsession approved as an added bonus. Score!
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 16 oz cole slaw mix (you can find this in the bagged salad section or about 1/2 cabbage and 3 carrots – shredded)
- 4 tsp sesame oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 tsp ginger (I’m lazy, so I grab the tube of ginger)
- 1/4 cup broth (dealers choice, I go for veggie)
- 3 T liquid aminos (you can typically find this in the organic section, but reduced sodium soy sauce will work)
- 1/2 tsp hot sauce
- 1 tsp vinegar (rice, apple cider, or white)
- salt & pepper to taste
Makes 4 servings.
Add oil to skillet and brown turkey. Once the meat is cooked through, remove from pan, drain and set aside. Add broth, garlic and slaw mix to the skillet. Sauté until slaw is cooked through and no longer crunchy. Combine soy sauce, hot sauce, vinegar, and ginger for sauce. Add sauce mixture and meat to skillet and combine. Salt and pepper to taste. Serve over one portion of brown rice (1/2 cup cooked).
Containers used per serving: 1 red, 1 green, 1 yellow, 1 tsp.